If you’re eyeing to become a makeup artist, you must be pondering upon how and where to start. Shall I go for a professional training or a self-teaching? Both the ways are more or less the same but having their sides of stories.
The YouTube and Pinterest seem to engender a full on glamorous makeup career. And it becomes really difficult to get on the right direction when yearning to make a mark in the industry. There is no such rule that a MUA must have a formal qualification or a degree to work. But do they really make a difference? Or can the self-training be just okay?
To study these two prospects, here are the pros and cons explaining the significance of each of it.
Professional Makeup Training:
- Training under the tutors who are having years of experience in the industry is one fabulous thing. During the training you’re able and motivated to ask the questions which help to develop a picture of what your career as a MUA will look alike.
- A circle of like-minded people help you to attain much more. It helps you to polish your skills and get to learn more techniques with effective understanding.
- A good and reputed institute or tutor always gives your career the required push. It gives you an extra edge in job.
- Exorbitant cost is a prime factor due to which people usually refrain to pick the professional course!
- Some people feel difficult to step out of the home and sparing time. And turns out to be the major disadvantage of it.
- Excessive and depth information on every subject is available 24/7 making it handy to use anytime. YouTube is my favourite learning tool since it offers several channels by many successful and professional makeup artists.
- Minimal expenses in the course as you need a laptop, internet connection and you’re done. Or else, books, seminars, shows, and MUA forums are there to guide you with best of the knowledge.
- Learning the basics and building a kit constitute a great learning curve and that can be done better under professional guidance.
- Sans the professional degree it becomes quite a task to prove your mettle and win over!
In short, whatsoever you choose, as long as you’re zealous, hardworking and devoted; you will go really far!